The Role of the Criw Iaith at
Glan Yr Afon Primary school
*To welcome pupils and staff into welsh assembly.
*To help lead weekly Welsh assembly
*To make sure staff and pupils are using Welsh in class and around the school.
*To introduce and record Phrase of week for twitter / website
*To give out tocyn iaith in assemblies / give out siaradwr yr wythnos certificates
*Lead welsh reflection in assembly
*Play Welsh yard games.
* To complete audits of welsh in classes (Is helpwr heddiw happening every day / Is there a Cwtch Cymraeg / welsh reading books available/ Welsh on displays etc)
* To help organise / run welsh days eg St davids day / shw mae day / St Dwynwens day.
* To run welsh competitions.
* To help children with wal graffiti.
* To meet fortnightly with Criw Iaith to discuss progress.
Our Criw Iaith meet to monitor Welsh in and around the school.